Blogarama Vocal Minority: Jane Fonda apology - I think not

Vocal Minority

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Jane Fonda apology - I think not

I recently read that Jane Fonda had apologized for her actions during her trip to N. Vietnam in 1972. The following quote from Newsmax doesn’t sound much like an apology to me, just more of her lame bullshit.

NEW YORK – Jane Fonda says her 1972 visit to a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun site, an incident that brought her the nickname "Hanoi Jane," was a "betrayal" of American forces and of the "country that gave me privilege."
Story Continues Below

"The image of Jane Fonda, 'Barbarella,' Henry Fonda's daughter ... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal ... the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine," Fonda told Leslie Stahl in a "60 Minutes" interview that will air Sunday night.
Fonda, whose memoir "Jane Fonda: My Life So Far" comes out next week, said she did not regret meeting with American POWs in North Vietnam or making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi. "Our government was lying to us and men were dying because of it, and I felt I had to do anything that I could to expose the lies and help end the war," she said.

In case you’re unfamiliar with her position, you can get most of the details from Snopes.com.
Another lame attempt to deflect criticism was made in 1988 because her past was affecting her currant income. It appears the new apology is more of the same. She now has a book to sell and needs to get the monkey off her back. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to throw a manage a trois’ in the book to help it sell. If she had any guts at all, like the 50,000 soldiers who died fighting in Vietnam she would take her argument to the current invasion of Iraq where her argument is a much better fit. Let’s face it, she’s just another media whore.

ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community Blogarama - The Blog Directory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home